Automatic Site Rebuilds with Travis CIOct 7, 2013
Continuous integration for artifact generation
In-page source editorOct 6, 2013
Emoji on WebpagesSep 28, 2013
🌊 🌟 🍉 🍻 🐌 🐗 👾 🐛 🐧
Annotating slid.es decks with SVGJul 8, 2013
an experiment with reveal.io
- Avoid a backlog of unstarted things. Instead try to keep each thing fresh and explore it right away.
- Keep it simple, avoiding process overhead and complexity. Get to the thing as directly as possible.
- Try two or three things at once, for example a hosted database, a data binding framework, and an idea for a cat pictures service. This is to help avoid blank page syndrome and make demos that have some substance.
- Inline: This is appropriate for quick experiments which don't require any external tooling
- Plunkr:  An alternative to inline posts, which can be embedded (when to use?)
- Seperate repo: if the experiment needs extra tooling (different build tool, etc) or if it seems independently useful.
Circle of things
To focus my work and ensure that I balance skill development, I will identify critical learning areas and rotate between them.
- Design (color, making a site via comp)
- Tooling (Grunt, DocPad)
- Interactive (Facets, Viz)
- Multimedia (video, photo, audio)