Sun Jan 5
- Learning Grunt, by reorganizing https://github.com/yearofmoo/angularjs-seed-repo gruntfile
- Looking at how brunch might fit in with build tooling.
- Sourcemaps support.
- Use node-concurrent.
- Verdict: feasible, but wait for now.
Seems like it would be super easy to add a fall-through proxy for dev/testing without sending attachments to couchdb on every edit, using https://npmjs.org/package/grunt-connect-proxy
Fri Jan 3 2013
- Tests first
- Can I assign ID on server side based on content?
- if yes, set on save
- if not, set in client and validate on server
- How is validation of author info normally handled?
i prob need to switch to js couchapp - https://github.com/garbados/grunt-couchapp - https://github.com/jo/grunt-couch
These are the notes for an article on tooling that I will publish after Pillowfork launches.
Too much boilerplate making this web app. Express, mongoose, mocha, angular, karma. So much files!
Was looking around at more container-ey tooling. Meteor, Firebase, Deployd. Somehow stumbled on PouchDB. Oo, it has come along. Still active!
- T: angular + pouchdb
- T: better workflow for couchapps. look at:
- couchapp js
- grunt couchapp plugin
- Work on Pillowfork first sprint
- How to test server?
- How to test client?
- Test pouchapp syncing with intermittant connectivity
- How to limit view by key?
- Works. Submitted doc patch.
- How does pouchapp syncing work?
- Very well! Flexible local vs remote
- Haven’t tested with intermittant connectivity yet
- T: Couchapp with pouchdb
- Social signin?
- Yes, via BrowserID plugin
- Also for FB/Tw via XO_Auth plugin (untested)
- seems broken on Iris. FB times out, Twitter config is read only
- what IDPs have “identity bridge” support?
- create a minimal couchapp and push it.
- test browserid support. this should work.
- build local couchdb with the browserid
In IrisCouch ocastalabs/CouchDB-XO_Auth
https://github.com/iriscouch/browserid_couchdb https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch-river-couchdb https://github.com/ocastalabs/CouchDB-XO_Auth/blob/master/Makefile
brew install couchdb
To have launchd start couchdb at login: ln -sfv /usr/local/opt/couchdb/*.plist ~/Library/LaunchAgents Then to load couchdb now: launchctl load ~/Library/LaunchAgents/homebrew.mxcl.couchdb.plist Or, if you don't want/need launchctl, you can just run: couchdb 🍺 /usr/local/Cellar/couchdb/1.5.0: 627 files, 14M, built in 109 seconds
- Install couch (brew install, or via packages on Ubuntu)