firstname.lastname@example.org Portland OR +15036090837
- 15 years building digital products, operating services, and supporting customers.
- Autodidactic learner with Mathematics/Physics degree.
- Support team members and users by managing issue queues, writing documentation, and automating builds, deployment, provisioning, and monitoring.
- Plan development efforts, specify functionality, and manage delivery timelines.
- Build highly usable human interfaces partnering with designer or from functional specifications.
Interests and hobbies
- Advocate for decentralized internet architecture as a social good.
- Natural STEM educator
- Maker: Electronics, structures, tools
- I Contribute code, testing, and support time to numerous open source projects
- Go and React.js patches to the filesystem and web interfaces of the Perkeep personal storage system. (2014—)
- Open source software QA/documentation volunteer for numerous open source projects (Firefox, wlroots, Dat Project)
- Lead development of ActivateHub event promotion and aggregation platform. (2011-2013)
- Senior software engineer, Sixgill (2016—2017) Green-field architected, prototyped, and launched real-time location data collection and analysis services and products in Go using gRPC, gomobile, Kubernetes, Terraform, and AWS.
- Application Engineer, Point 97 / Ecotrust (2014—2015) Created an offline-first spatial and social field survey stack as a mobile progressive web app. Designed and build a dynamic geodata and multimedia storytelling engine using Wagtail/Django with PostGIS, OpenLayers, and Leaflet. Automated provisioning and deployment of Django and PostgreSQL to cloud infrastructure using Ansible.
- Software Engineer, Janrain (2012—2013) Architected and built a Rails customer dashboard unifying various existing tools into a cohesive experience. Created provisioning APIs in core products and integrated with Zookeeper distributed configuration registry. Designed and built web UI and REST APIs for team management service using AngularJS, Scala, and Riak.
- Information Architect, PSU Communications (Nov 2005—Feb 2008) Architected a bubble-up content aggregation workflow for news, events, and faculty profiles. Developed custom Drupal distributions bundling reusable content types, views, workflows, and a customizable theme based on the University style guide.
- BS Mathematics/Physics PSU, 2010 Computer algebra, numerical modeling, graphics.
- Developer, Oregon Catholic Press (Aug—Nov 2005) Drupal-based music portal.
- Systems Administrator, Portland Public Schools (Apr-Aug 2005) Provisioned Linux servers and operated services including Moodle, Drupal, Docuwiki, and JIRA.
- Operations Engineer, Pioneer Net (Jan 2004—Feb 2005) Built and operated Linux web, email, and log servers and Cisco switching and traffic shaping hardware, monitored network health, provided tier-2 tech support, and developed a Drupal web portal.
- Consultant, Umpqua Computer Services (2000—2004) Created custom Drupal and Zencart ecommerce sites such as MLB Marbled Fabrics.
- Operate PDXHub infrastructure Produce engaging and hard-working web applications. (2004—)
- Lead development of SERPs, a web analytics product. (2011)
- Created a browser-based UI (Backbone.js) for Checkmarkable. (2011)
- Created cloudfeet.com, a graphics-rich static marketing site. (2011)
- Built a faceted browsing UI, text translation tool, and image/video asset manager for Nike’s 2008 Summer Olympics campaign using Drupal & jQuery with Sticky. (2008)